PB&W provides fairness opinions and corporate valuations. Our valuations and opinions are submitted to owners, senior managers, boards of directors and to special committees of the boards of directors in oral and written form.
Fairness opinions and valuations are often needed or required in the following situations:
- Selecting key potential investors/suitors and reviewing in detail with our clients
- Preparing and refining a 3-5 year forecast
- Advising in the development of a detailed revenue waterfall
- Preparing program and platform details
- Outlining a client’s products, systems or services in detail
- Reviewing and conveying a client’s key technology and product road-map
- Developing and conveying key investment considerations and company attributes
- Developing a detailed confidential information memorandum/presentation
- Support in providing required diligence information & managing a virtual data room
- Participating and coordinating in senior management presentations
- Responding to key information requests and questions
- Developing and reviewing process letters and term sheets
- Working with and supporting other key advisors (legal, accounting, market consultants)
- Negotiating potential investment and capital placement agreements with legal counsel
PB&W has the expertise to determine the fair value or fair market value of the entity or it’s underlying securities that are being bought or sold, and to evaluate the terms of a transaction from an independent point of view. We use standard valuation methodology to evaluate the subject company to include Income, Public Market, Transaction and Asset Approaches. On every engagement, PB&W reviews the historical, current and expected future performance of our client’s business along with examining the current and expected economic and specific market conditions impacting a client’s business. Other important risk factors are also evaluated to include key management risk, technology risk, the competitive environment, financial condition, leverage and other operational considerations.
All fairness opinions are reviewed by an internal committee at PB&W consisting of Managing Directors and key project team members. Due our transactional expertise, we are able to provide independent and unbiased opinions that we support with third parties.
PB&W follows the standards and practices established by the American Society of Appraisers (Business) and USPAP.